After School Arts
After School Arts is an 11- week performing arts workshop series sponsored and operated by the 21st Century Learning Centers. Open to grades 7-12, this program offers students a place to create and grow as artists after school. Sessions are held 3 days per week for 11 weeks in the fall, and 11 weeks in the spring.
Each day of the week is dedicated to a different discipline. Tuesdays we have Choral Singing. Wednesdays we have Acting and Movement. Thursdays we have Theater Tech and Production/ Playwriting.
Each session culminates in a final project that all the students work on together.
Fall 2019 (September 24-December 15, 2019)
- Choral Students will hold a holiday concert on December 5th at 7:00pm
- Production/ Playwriting Students will write and direct a play, utilizing the Acting students as their actors, and utilizing the Theater Tech students as their crew on December 14th at 7:00pm, and December 15th at 2:00pm.
Spring 2020 (March 24- June 4, 2020)
- Choral Students will hold a spring concert (Date TBD)
- Acting Students will decide on and implement a Community Service project, utilizing themselves and the Theater Tech students.
- Production/ Playwriting students will write the 2020 Fall play.
This program is sponsored and operated by 21st Century Learning Centers and all sessions are held after school in the High School auditorium. All participating students must enroll in 21st CCLC, and abide by 21st CCLC policies and guidelines. To enroll, simply stop by the Study Hub in the High School Library to enroll in 21st CCLC's after school programs, and then come to the Auditorium on the day of the week you'd like to start attending.